Pipe Cleaner Superhero
Pipe Cleaner Superheroes
This fun little craft was one of my kids favorite crafts to date!
What you need:
- 3 Pipe cleaners
- Construction Paper or Felt for cape
- 2 Paper Straws
- 2 Googly eyes
- 7 Pony beads
- 1 Wooden bead (we used 3/4 inch diameter beads)
- Hot glue
- Start by drawing hair and superhero masks on the wooden beads & add a little mouth
- Using hot glue attach the googly eyes to the mask on the wooden bead
- Take the three pipe cleaners & twist them together in the middle. Adjust them so that they are arranged to look like the picture here!
- Slide the three pony beads onto both of the bottom two pipe cleaners to form the body.
- Cut the straws into 8 segments (approx. 1″ each)
- Build the arms and legs by sliding on a piece of the cut straw, then a pony bead, then another piece of straw.
- Bend the ends of the pipe cleaners into hands and feet.
- Slide the head onto the other two pipe cleaners & trim off the extra pipe cleaner. You can Add some hot glue onto the pieces of pipe cleaners & slide the head on to secure it.
- Cut out a cape from construction paper or felt and use hot glue to attach it to a 2 inch piece of pipe cleaner. We made an A for the back of the cape to stand for Abram our middle kiddo!
- Attach the cape with the pipe cleaner to the figure by twisting the pipe cleaner around the neck to secure it.
- Our kids like making stop motion and these were perfect for making those!